Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hell of A Night

So anyways, I decided that I would play a few free-rolls on Absolute Poker last night while talking to some people on MSN. So the first free-roll didn't go over so well, neither did the next three I registered for. It was about 10pm before I played again, and surprisingly enough, the tournament went over pretty well. I was getting half decent cards and I was raking in some half decent pots.



The night was pretty slow, but it was also entertaining. Throughout the tournament, there was some guy flooding the chat about some nonsense and eventually he got kicked by AP Support. It was funny!

Throughout the tournament, I was also trying to get new recruits for this poker league. I've been a member with this league since last year, and they have had numerous private free-rolls that range anywhere from $100 dollar prize pools to up to $1000. We had a point system for teams and individual standings and it worked by a percent. For example, if there were 100 people playing, and you got first, there was a formula where you plug in the 100 people with a few other numbers, divided by whatever and that would give you your points for the night.

poker-holics.blogspot.com


With tournaments every weekend, it became a competitive "sport". I really enjoyed playing, but ever since last year, something happened. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but we haven't been getting any weekly tournaments. I believe that its because of the lack of publicity about the poker forum and the lack of players in the forum seeing that the league started fresh this year.



As the night progressed, I was on fire. I was picking up some pretty sick hands and I couldn't believe what I was catching. I had pocket rockets three times that night, one of which I had to fold as well has pocket kings twice. I had about four flushes, seven straights and a numerous amount of full houses. Unfortunately, I got beat on a hand, causing me to lost 90% of my chips followed by my elimination on the proceeding hand. I finished 21st out 5504 entrants.



No comments: